fredag 1 mars 2013

"Dana is here." ♥ 38

"Are you ready?" Sam knocked impatiently at the bathroom door.
"Calm down, Sam! Give me five minutes, I still haven't washed my hair."
I could imagine him rolling his eyes and groaning, and I smiled a bit to myself. He was such a child.
Suddenly I felt a cold breeze touch my naked and wet shoulder. I wrapped my arms around myself and turned around. The door was wide open. A bit alarmed, I called out Sam's name. 
"Sam?"
He walked into the bathroom wearing his black t-shirt, and his black jeans.
"Oh my gosh, what are you doing? Get out!"
I grabbed the shower curtains and tried to cover my body with it, while containing myself from bursting out in laughter.
"Since I know it will take you another 30 minutes, to wash your hair..."
He pulled his t-shirt over his head and revealed his naked chest, and rock hard abs. 
"... I figured we'd save some time, by taking a shower together."
I shook my head, while laughing.
"You're crazy. Sam, stop. Don't!"
He started undressing infront of me, and I covered my eyes, but sneaking a peak through the space between my fingers. He stood, naked, infront of me, smiling confidently and stepped into the shower.
"Hi," he said and brushed his lips against my neck.
I closed my eyes and let my head rest against the wall.
"Hi."

Miley's POV:

I laughed at Liam's failed attempt of putting on his bowtie. He turned around with furrowed eyebrows. 
"I can't get this damn thing to tie."
I put down my black clutch with a smile, and approached him. With swift movements, I made his bowtie and  he looked down at me with his eyes wide open.
"How did you do that?"
I giggled at his shocked expression and shrugged.
"No biggie."
Liam cupped my face in his hands, and kissed me softly on my lips. He was in a really good mood, and I thought that this was the perfect timing to ask him about the girl that had texted him a couple of days ago. I took a deep breath and started speaking. "Liam, I need to ask you something."
 He pulled back and for a split second, as he did so, I could've sworn his eyes changed colour. They got darker. I took a step back, and he raised his eyebrows.
"Yes?" He stared at me, as if he was daring me to ask.
I broke the intense eye contact with him, and started looking through my drawers to find my diamond earrings, he had gotten for me.
"Yes, babe?"
I spun around and with the exact same, cold, facial expression as he had, I asked him. His indifferent tone, was really getting on my nerves.
"Who is Dana? Babe."
The words came out alot harser than I had planned, but had the wanted effect.
His body got stiff, the same second I mentioned her name.
"Why do you ask?"
He was avoiding my question. 
"There's nothing you want to tell me?"
"If there was something I wanted to tell you, I would've."
He turned around to walk out of the room, but I ran after him, and grabbed him by his arm, and forced him to look at me.
"Liam, we are on our way to our rehearsal dinner. If I find out you're not telling the truth, this will be the last dinner you'll ever have with me."
Without moving a muscle in his face, he turned around and kept on walking.

Sam opened the car door for me, and led me out of it. 
"You're such a gentleman," I said and leaned my head on his shoulder.
Suddenly flashes started going off everywhere and I stood straight.
Miley's rehersal dinner was obviously not as private as I knew she wished for it to be.
Sam placed his hand over mine, and our fingers were intertwined. 
I could hear all of the papparazzi's yelling my name.
Most of them even knew Sam.
"How do you feel about Miley and Liam?"
"They're a beautiful couple," I said with a smile.
"Is Nick going to be here?"
I ignored his question and moved on.
"What about Joe?"
They all waited for my answer, but I wasn't giving it to them.
"I'm sorry about Wilmer."
I turned around to face a young guy, about eighteen years old, he looked at me with genuine eyes, and his camera wasn't pointing at me, like the rest.
Suddenly I felt overwhelmed, being out in public like this, since Wilmer's death, and I nodded.
Tears threatned to fall, but I held them in.
"Thank you," I whispered.
I felt Sam's thumb caress my hand and we finally walked in through the gates, and all of the flashes were behind us.
Just like the questions about Wilmer.

The setting was beautiful. The flames from the bonfire, lit up the pitch black sky, and the music, food, and guests were lovely.


I spotted Miley having a very close conversation with a guy that wasn't Liam.
She was holding a glass of champagne in her right hand and her other hand was on top of the guy's hand.
"Oh, there is Miley." I pointed towards her, and Sam looked at me with the same expression I had.
"What is she doing?" I could see he was smiling a bit, as if he was happy if Miley was flirting with someone other than her fiancee, Liam.
"Wipe that smile of your face. Let's go say hi."
He chuckled and we walked up to her.
"Hi, Miley." When she heard my voice, she jumped and clutched her her chest, and with her eyes wide open in shock she turned to me.
"You scared the shit out of me!" She scoot her chair, closer to the table while taking deep breaths.
"Why are you so jumpy?" I let go of Sam's hand, and bent over so the my face was next to her. 
"That could've been Liam, sneaking up on you," I said with a voice so low, only she could hear it. 
I turned to give the guy flirting with her, knowing very damn well she was engaged, a lesson he wouldn't forget, when I saw it was Nick staring back at me, with an unsure smile.
"Oh my gosh." I shook my head and took two steps back. 
"Are you guys serious? Miley, how can you do this?!"
Those words seemed to affect her, as she got up from her chair with hurt glistening in her eyes.
"Do you think he's some kind of fucking saint?"
She grabbed my arm and walked away from the boys, who were left in confusion.
"Two days ago, Liam's phone was calling. I was watching tv, and he was taking a shower. I ignored it, because it's not my phone, but it kept on ringing. Finally, I thought 'maybe it's something important', so I got up and checked to see who it was. It was someone named Dana. She had called him 23 times, that night. 23!" 
Miley wiped her tears and I hugged her.
"But, it doesn't mean that he's cheating. Go talk to him about it."
She pulled away, and snorted. 
"I did. And he avoided my question, and just walked away."
I felt so bad for her, and was just about to give her a long speech about boys and how maybe he was just tired.. When suddenly, I got a weird feeling.
Dana... Dana.. Dana.
"Dana!" I said out loud, and looked up at Miley.
"I know who she is! She used to be Liam's girlfriend. Her and Sam grew up together. Do you know why she called him?"
Miley shook her head and tears rolled down her cheek.
"She's his ex? This makes things so much worse. What if I change my mind about marrying him? Is it too late now?"
I put my hand on her shoulder and she met my eyes.
"Listen Miley, whatever you decide, all of us will be here to support you. Don't worry about making the wrong choice, just follow your heart and you'll be okay. Maybe... Oh gosh I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe, you're not even over Nick?"
Her face lit up and she immediatley reacted when I mentioned him. And when she realised that what I said was true, she let her body fall together and let me comfort her. 
"Do you want me to talk to Sam? I can ask him  more about Dana?"
Miley nodded. We got her fixed up and with the 'emergency make up kit' I had in my clutch, I fixed her eyes again. 
We walked back to find Sam, speaking to Liam.
I put my hand on Sam's shoulder and I could feel how tense he was. He didn't even notice me standing next to him.
"Sam?" 
His eyes drifted slowly from Liam's face, to mine, and I could tell how stressed he was.
Liam had obviously told him about Dana.
Sam and Liam shared a friendly hug, and me and Miley looked at each other with a confused face.
What on earth could've made them friends again?
"Miley, I love you, and I've had a wonderful time tonight, but I have to leave. It's kind of an emergency."
He turned back to Liam.
"Thanks man. I wish you all luck."
Liam thanked him with a smile.
Sam looked at me and my eyes jumped from him, to Liam, to Miley.
She put her hand on my arm, and gave me a reassuring smile.
"Go."
I hugged her tight, and kissed her goodbye. Then I said bye to Liam.

Sam grabbed my hand, and we basically ran to his car. I almost tripped over my dress, several times, before we stood infront of his car, and he held the door open for me.
I jumped in, and slammed it behind me. In only a split second, he was sitting next to me.
He started the car, and with a loud roar, we were off on the road.
"What is going on?"
"Dana is here."
I turned to him, with a confused expression.
"Here? Where is here? In L.A?" The words came out of my mouth, in a rapid speed.
"Yes. She has been staying in Liam's appartment, not far away from your house."
"Our house." I corrected him.
He looked at me, and burst out in a smile.
"Our house."
He turned to focus on the road again.
"She came to L.A a couple of weeks ago."
"Weeks? How did she have money for anything?"
I could see Sam uncomfortably shift in his seat, and he looked really angry. 
"She.."
He broke off, and looked away.
"Sam, you can tell me."
He nodded.
"I know, I just.." He shook his head and furiously slammed his hand against the wheel, so that it honked.
"She's been selling herself."
I could feel my jaw drop in horror and my hand flew to my mouth.
"Oh my gosh, that's terrible."
He laughed dryly. 
"She used to be such a sweet girl."
I stroked his arm, trying to calm him.
"I'm sure she still is. She just did what she thought she only could do to survive here."
He pulled over with the car, outside an appartment building, and took out the car keyes. Suddenly we were sitting alone in the car, in total silence.
He looked at me, with dissapointment mixed with hurt, coating his face.
"Why didn't she call me?" He said in a low voice. "She knows I would've taken care of her."
I moved closer to him, and gently held his face in my hands. "Maybe she was too scared to talk tell you about it. Or, maybe she was ashamed. But, she's in there now. And you're going to go in there, and you can take care of your little sister, just like she deserves to be taken care of. And she can stay with us."
Sam leaned in and kissed me.
"I'm so lucky to have you as my girlfriend."
He stepped out of the car, and I stayed in my seat, thinking it was best if I let them deal with their family issues in private.
After walking a bit, he turned to look at me.
"What are you doing? Aren't you coming?"
"Oh.." I opened the car door, and ran up to him.
He put his arm over my shoulders and I gave him a reassuring hug. Liam had given Sam the keyes.
"That's awfully nice of him, considering he called her... such bad names."
Sam nodded.
"He told me our fight got him thinking, and that this was the least he could do."
I opened my mouth to ask him if he thought Liam and Dana had been having an affair behind Miley's back, but closed it quickly. 
Sam, had understood what I was about to say anyways.
"Liam made it very clear that he had only met her that one time, to supply her with basic needs."
I nodded, acting uninterested.
We came to a halt and I looked up.
24B. Dana was just inside of those walls. 
Sam took a deep breath and I squeezed his hand.
"Don't worry."
Sam had shown me a picture of her, a month ago or something, it was a picture of her when she was 16. She looked like a really sweet girl.
Sam knocked on the door. He was shifting froom one foot to the other.
He knocked again. 
No one opened.
Sam handed me the keyes, and I knew he was to, emotionally upset to handle it. I drove the key into the lock, and turned it. The door was wide opened. 
There was music playing, and I recognized my favourite band. 
"Awesome, she listens to Pierce The Veil."
Sam glared at me and I shut up. We walked into a room, and what we saw, was sure to set Sam on fire.
There was a pile of cocaine at the end of the bed, and a tall, tattoed guy lying over a skinny girl, with long blonde hair.
Sam went up to them, and when they saw us, he immediatley got up. Sam was just about to punch that guy, but I pulled him back.
"Sam, don't. It's not worth it," I whispered to him in a low voice.
He turned to Dana who was, thank the heavens, wearing clothes.
She got a horrified look on her face when she saw him and I could see tears in Sam's eyes.
It was really hard recognizing her, because her blonde hair, was so much longer. The long sleeved shirt she was wearing in the picture, was exchanged for a corset. She went from wearing, maybe a little mascara, to heavy eye make up. And she was dressed, in all black. I thought she looked kind of cool, but I knew Sam would kill me if I told him that. 
"Sam, what are you doing here?"
He grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the room.
"Where are you taking me?"
He didn't answer.
I rushed behind them, making sure the didn't forget to lock the door.
This was going to be crazy.

Dana:

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar