onsdag 13 februari 2013

"The rest will fall in place" ♥ 37


Demi's outfit:


Just as we made a stop infront of an ice cream parlor, my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I let go of Sam's hand to pick it up. I looked at the caller ID. It was Miley.
I made a gesture to Sam that I had to take this call, he nodded and went ahead to buy our ice cream.
"Hi, it's Demi."
"It's me. Miley."
Just as she said the words, I felt a knot build up in my throath and my mouth went dry. 
"I know you probably hate me, but I really need you right now."
I sighed and shrugged at the same time.
"I needed you too, but you weren't there for me, Miley."
"I know, and-"
"There's really no excuse."
"Demi, can you just-"
"No, you chose him over me!"
I raised my voice and I could feel all of the anger bubble up to the surface. The following seconds were filled with tense silence.
"We broke off our engagement." Miley's voice was calm, and she sounded tired.
Her words hit me like a slap to the face.
"What?"
"Can I come over tonight?"
I was just about to say no, but then I remembered all that Miley had done for me. She was one of the few people that actually cared about me when I was in treatment, and after. 
"Sure."
We said bye, and I hung up. Just as I looked up I noticed Sam standing right infront of me. He held both of our ice creams in one hand and napkins in the other.
"Is everything alright?"
I took a breath, and was just about to lie to him, but decided not to.
I took my cone from his hand and gave him a short smile, before I started speaking.
"No, it's not. I broke up with Joe yesterday, and now I just got a call from Miley. She asked if she could come over and I said okay, but I don't know how I feel about..." 
I stopped speaking and stared into Sam's comforting brown eyes.
"I just don't know anymore," I murmured.
He draped his arm over my shoulders and our fingers intervened. 
As we were walking down the street in a couple of minutes of silence, Sam started speaking.
"We don't always have to know what's about to happen. As long as we are sure of what is now, then the rest will fall into place."
I smiled and he bent down to kiss me. We stood there, in the middle of the street, not seeing anything else, but eachother.

After a long day of shopping me and Sam finally got home. We dropped all of our bags and on the floor and he placed his hands on each side of my waist, and spun me around so that we were facing each other. I rested my arms on his shoulders and gazed upon his face. He leaned in and was just about to make his lips meet mine, I closed my eyes and- Knock, knock, knock.
I sighed with my eyes still closed and Sam gave me a quick peck on my forehead, before he went to open the door.
I turned around to see who was hiding behind him.
"Hi, Sam."
Her voice gave her away immediatley. It was slightly trembling, and I knew she was really, really, ashamed about what happened.
But Sam just gave her a big hug and I could hear him murmur in her ear, that he was 'sorry about Liam'.
I contained myself from burrsting out in a big 'awww', instead I smiled like a fool. I knew I had made the right choice regarding choosing him as my boyfriend.
Miley gave him a thankful smile and stepped into the house.
She stopped at the sight of me, and gave me a faint smile.
I nodded, with a stonehard face and she sighed.
"Come on Demi, I told you I'm sorry." She turned around to face Sam. "I'm really, really sorry."
He nodded, but I didn't.
"Miley, do you know how weird it felt, the fact that you kicked me out of your house?"
"And I am really sorry about that, Demi. I love you too much to let this go, so can you please just forgive me and we can go back to being best friends?" She gve me a hopeful smile, and I gave in.
I ran up to her and gave her a big hug.
"I'm so sorry about Liam, baby."
When I pulled up, and scanned her face, she gave me a weak smile.
She shrugged and I could she see was fighting her tears.
"It's just that.. I don't get how he could give up on us, that easily, you know?"
I nodded, understanding her.
"Are you sure you broke up?"
She wiped her tears with the backside of her hand.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, did he actually say that you were through or did he just storm out of the house in the middle of an argument?"
This seemed to have her brain going and suddenly she smiled.
"He never said the words."
I gave her an encouring smile.
"See! Maybe he just needs some time to think."
I saw Sam studying me, with a big smile on his lips, at the other end of the room.
"What?" I hissed at him.
He put his hands up in defence, chuckling.
"It's just... You know what, never mind."
I rolled my eyes and concentrated on Miley.
"Do you know where he is?"
She nodded.
"He's at his brother's house."
I made a gesture with my hands.
"Call him."
Miley picked up her phone and dialled his number, then went out of the room to have some privacy.
Just as she left, I walked up to Sam and threw up my hands.
"Why are you laughing?"
"I was just thinking how lucky I am to be your boyfriend. Demi, I've been thinking..."
My heart skipped a beat.
"Yes?"
"I-"
"Great news! Liam apologized and is waiting for me at home!" Miley's voice roared through the house and I smiled at her.
"That's great."
She walked up to me with her phone in one hand and her jacket in the other.
"I'll see you-" She kissed me on the cheek, "-later," she continued while hugging Sam.
"Bye!"
She shut the door behind her.
I turned back to Sam.
"So, where were we?"
"I was just about to ask you, if you wanted to take this relationship a step further. Demi, I love you. I do. And I'm willing to move to L.A permenatly for you. So, do you want to move in with me?"
As I heard him say the words, and then look at me with those warm brown, I almost burst with happiness.
"On one condition."
I took one step closer to Sam, so that our lips were only centimeters apart.
He raised a brow.
"And what is that?"
"That we live here."
He laughed and nodded.
"Deal."
Then we kissed and I was the happiest I had been for a long time.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar