fredag 7 december 2012

"I was too late.." ♥ 34

(PLEASE PLAY THE SONG WHILE READING)


I ran into his room with my heart in my throath. 
Mom and dad were sitting down next to his bed. I couldn't see passed them. 
I cleared my throath and they turned around. When they saw it was me, their shoulders slumped and mom slightly shook her head with tears in her eyes.
'I'm so sorry... Sweetie...'
I saw her mouth moving, but I couldn't hear her. The shock had taken over me. 
My feet automatically moved slowly up to his bed. 
He was covered with a white linnen. 
I was too late.
"Wilmer?" My voice was so weak. 
"I'm so sorry baby," mom said and I could tell on the way her voice was shaking, that she had been crying before I came.
I needed air. 
With a trembling hand I revealed his face. He was pale and that's when it hit me.
Wilmer was gone.
I heard someone scream loudly, it was my own voice, and I couldn't stand staying in the room one second longer. With my shoes in one hand, I pushed the door to the room, open with my other.
'Honey, wait..!'
I could hear my parents calling me, but I was to overwhelmed to even look back.
I ran out of the room, down some stairs and out of the hospital.
The cold air that engulfed me brought me back to reality.
My legs got week and before I knew it I just dropped down. I was sitting down, with my feet on the ground. 
And the tears started flowing.
'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh oh my gosh...'
I couldn't help repeating those three words over and over again.

image

Joe's POV:
Melissa looked over at the watch on the wall.
"Shit, it's 4 am!"
I chuckled.
"Aren't you sleeping over?"
"No, I have to go home. I have work in the morning, and it's too far from here."
"Oh..." I nodded. "Well, I think I'm leaving now too, do you want a ride?"
She smiled.
"Yeah, thank you."
I put my beer down, and went out from the kitchen, with Melissa behind me.
Suddenly, I felt someone pulling me back.
"What the fuck, yo?!"
I turned around, ready to punch someone, then I saw it was James. His hair was messed up, his eyes were bloodshot, and wasn't wearing a shirt. He was sweaty, and I could tell he had been drinking alot.
"Take it easy man, I was about to hit you," I clapped him on his back, ready to reach the door, when he pulled me back again.
"Okay, what's the probablem, dude?" I tried to keep calm

Melissa's POV:
The irritation in Joe's voice was obvious.
"Why are you all up on my girl?"
James pointed at me, while screaming at Joe.
"What the fuck are you talking about?"
James laughed sarcastically.
"Do you think I'm fucking stupid? I can tell you want to fuck her."
I gasped.
The way he talked about me was just offensive. As if I was an object. And as if I wasn't standing just right next to him.
Joe seemed to think the same way, because he placed his hands on James chest and pushed him hard.
"Don't talk about her like that. And what about you? You're the one grinding on Demi!"
James shrugged.
"Just doing the job for you. She seemed happy she was finally getting some!"
Getting some? What the hell was that supposed to mean? Getting some of James or getting some attention?
Was James cheating? Without thinking, I raised my hand and slapped him hard on the side of his face.
"Atleast I keep my girls from hitting me," Joe laughed at James. Which was a big mistake.
James punched him in the face.
And then it started.
They started a huge fight.
James grabbed Joe and slammed him against a wall. Joe fell down on the floor, but got up and punched James in his stomach.
James bent over and groaned.
That's when I grabbed Joe's arm and made a run for the door. We got out and I fiddled with the keyes in Joe's pocket. I took them out and unlocked the door to his car.
Joe opened my side and I got in.
When he slammed it shut, I saw James open the frontdoor, trying to continue the fight with Joe, but Joe was already in the car and we drove away.

We sat in silence for the most part of the ride, until the car started going slower and finally stopped outside of Joe's house.
"What happened?"
"Shit."
He hit the steering wheel and sighed.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't have any gas."
"Okay, um, that's fine, I'll just walk from here. Thanks for the ride," I gave him a quick smile and stepped out of his car and started walking.
"Mel!"
I turned around. Joe started walking towards me.
"Hey, wait. Why don't you crash at my place tonight?"
I laughed.
"James would kill me."
Joe raised an eyebrow.
"James doesn't have to know."
Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow.
"What about Demi?"
Joe shrugged with a hint of a smile on his lips.
Never did his eyes break away from mine.
"So what do you say?"
I hesitated, but then nodded.
"Yeah, fine. I mean it is closer to work. Thanks."
He wrapped his arm around me, and we started walking back to his house.
"Is this a trick you use to get girls to follow you home?" I asked him jokingly.
Joe threw his head back and laughed.
"Sometimes. No, I'm kidding!"
We laughed together on our way to the gate of his house.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar